|Shares Out. (in M):||63||P/E||0||0|
|Market Cap (in $M):||534||P/FCF||33.5||8.3|
|Net Debt (in $M):||774||EBIT||132||137|
Sign up for free guest access to view investment idea with a 45 days delay.
|Money Transfer Revenue (million)||4,467||1,275||516|
|# of Money Transfers (million)||255||85||49|
|$ Volume of Money Transfers (million)||85,400||29,000||24,400||14,400||428,800||582,000|
|Market Share (by $ Volume)||14.7%||5.0%||4.2%||2.5%||73.7%||100.0%|
|Total Remittance Market Size(World Bank)||457,000,000||429,000,000||453,000,000||501,000,000||531,000,000||551,000,000||582,000,000||608,000,000||636,000,000||667,000,000|
|Total Remittance Market Size To Developing Countries(World Bank)||324,000,000||308,000,000||332,000,000||372,000,000||400,000,000||414,000,000||435,000,000||454,000,000||475,000,000||499,000,000|
|Cost of sending Remittances % of Value Sent (Using US$200) - AVG||9.8%||8.9%||7.9%|
|Cost of sending Remittances % of Value Sent (Using US$200) - WAVG||8.7%||6.6%||5.7%|
|Total Remittance Size x Cost of sending Remittances - WAVG||39,759,000||36,366,000||33,174,000|
|Total Remittance Size to Developing Countries x Cost of sending Remittances - Average||31,752,000||36,846,000||34,365,000|
- Dominant MT provider.
- Highest price by 20-30% in most corridors.
- 3x larger than MGI in terms of $ Volume of Money Transfers
- 8.6x EBITDA (significantly higher than MGI).
RIA: Owned by Euronet which is $2.8B market cap and $2.8B Enterprise Value. They charge the lowest fees of any traditional MTO.
- Lowest price in many corridors; their US-to-Mexico is ~60% cheaper than MGI.
- Walmart partnered with them in April 2014 to provide private label Walmert-to-Walmart US for <$900 transfers, at a 35-40% discount to MGI’s then prices. MGI lowered US-to-US prices by WAVG 34% on 10/31/14 as a result.
- MGI’s contract (signed in 2012) with Walmart US expires in April 2016. Allowed Walmart to have private label in US-to-US but not US-to-Intl. When possible Walmart could potentially partner with RIA on Walmart to Mexico. Company won’t comment on US-to-Walmart Intl (particularly Mexico).
Return to high-single-digit+ revenue growth starting in Q4 2015.
Continued share repurchases.
Possible additional recoveries on past securities losses.
Possible acquisition target by a larger competitor (Euronet or WU).
|1 show sort by|
Are you sure you want to close this position MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC?
By closing position, I’m notifying VIC Members that at today’s market price, I no longer am recommending this position.
Are you sure you want to Flag this idea MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC for removal?
Flagging an idea indicates that the idea does not meet the standards of the club and you believe it should be removed from the site. Once a threshold has been reached the idea will be removed.
You currently do not have message posting privilages, there are 1 way you can get the privilage.
Apply for or reactivate your full membership
You can apply for full membership by submitting an investment idea of your own. Or if you are in reactivation status, you need to reactivate your full membership.
What is wrong with message, "".